The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. The board conducts entrance examinations for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
Random Repeated JAMB Mathematics Questions Past Questions And Answers.
Below are some randomly repeated questions seen when writing Mathematics in JAMB.
BELLOW: JAMB Mathematics Questions 2021
Table Of Contents
1. Correct 241.34 (3 x 10-3)2 to 4 significant figures
2. At what rate would a sum of #100.00 deposited for 5 years raise the interest of #7.50?
3. Three children shared a basket of mangoes in such a way that the first child took ¼ of the mangoes and the second ¾ of the remainder. What fraction of the mangoes did the third child take?
4. Simplify and express in standard form (0.00275 x 0.00640/( 0.025 x 0.08)
A. 8.8 x 10-1
B. 8.8 x 102
C. 8.8 x 10-3
D. 8.8 x 103
5. Three brothers in a business deal share the profit at the end of contract. The first received 1/3 of the profit and the second 2/3 of the remainder. If the third received the remaining #12.000.00, how much profit did they share?
6. Simplify √160r2 + √(71r4 + √100r3
7. Simplify √27 + 3/√3
A. 4√3 B. 4/√3 C. 3√3 D. 3√/4
8. Simplify 3Log69 + Log612 + Log664 – Log672
A. 5 B. 7776 C. Log631 D. (7776)6
9. Simplify (1 + 1)-1
10. Find the sum of the first twenty terms of the arithmetic progression Log a, Log a2, Log a3
A. log a20
B. log a21
C. log a200
D. log a210
11. A carpenter charges #40.00 per day for himself and #10.00 per day for his assistant. If a fleet of cars were painted for #2,000.00 and the painter worked 10 days more than his assistant, how much did the assistant receive?
12. Find the sum of the first 18 terms of the progression 3, 6, 12………..
A. 3(217 – 1)
B. 3(218) – 1)
C. 3(218 + 1)
D. 3(218 – 1)
13. The angle of a sector of a circle, radius 10.5cm, is 480. calculate the perimeter of the sector
14. Find the length of a side of a rhombus whose diagonals are 6cm and 8cm.
15. Each of the interior angles of a regular polygon is 1400. How many sides have the polygon?
A. 9 B. 8 C. 7 D. 5
16. A cylindrical pipe, made of metal is 3cm, thick if the internal radius of the pipe is 10cm. Find the volume of metal used in making 3m of the pipe
17. If the height of two circular cylinders is in the ratio 2:3 and their base radii are in the ratio 9. What is the ratio of their volume?
18. The locus of a point that moves so that it is equidistant from two intersecting straight lines is the
A. perpendicular bisector of the two lines
B. angle bisector of the two lines
C. bisector of the two lines
D. line parallel to the two lines
19. 4, 16, 30, 20, 10, 14, and 26 are represented on a pie chart. Find the sum of the angles of the sectors representing all numbers equal to or greater than 16.
20. The mean of ten positive numbers is 16. when another number is added, the mean becomes 18. find the eleventh number.
21. Two numbers are removed at random from the numbers 1,2,3 and 4. what is the probability that the sum of the numbers removed is even?
22. Find the probability that a number selected at random from 41 to 56 is a multiple of 9
23. Musa borrows #10.00 at 2% per month interest and repays #8.00 after 4 months. However much does he still owe?
24. If 3 gallons of spirit containing 20% water are added to 5gallons of another spirit containing 15% water, what percentage of the mixture is water?
25 What is the product of 27/5 – (3)3 and (1/5)?
26. Simplify 2log2/5 – log72/125 + log9
A. 1 – 4log 3
B. –1 + 2log3
C. –1 +5log2
27. A car travels from Calabar to Enugu, a distance of km with an average speed of km per hour, and continues to Benin, a distance of km, with an average speed of km per hour. Find its average speed from Calabar to Benin.
28. If w varies inversely as uv/u + v and is equal to 8 when u = 2 and v = 6, find a relationship between u, v, w.
A. upw = 16(u + t)
B. 16ur = 3w(u + t)
C. upw = 12(u + t)
D. 12upw = u + r
29. If g(x = x2 + 3x ) find g(x + 1) – g(x)
A. (x + 2)
B. 2(x + 2)
C. (2x + 1)
D. (x + 4)
30. Factorize m3 – m2 – m + 2
A. (m2 + 1)(m – 2)
B. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m + 2)
C. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m – 2)
D. (m2 + 2)(m – 1)
31. The angles of a quadrilateral are 5x – 30, 4x + 60, 60 – x and 3x + 61. find the smallest of these angles.
A. 5x – 30
B. 4x + 60
C. 60 – x
D. 3x + 61
32. What is the nth term of the sequence 2, 6, 12, 20,…?
A. 4n – 2
B. 2(3n – 1)
C. n2 + n
D. n2 + 3n +2
33. If the binary operation * is defined by m*n = mn + m + n for any real number m and n, find the identity element under this operation.
A. e = 1
B. e = -1
C. e = -2
D. e = 0
34. When PT is the transpose of P, calculate [PT] when x = 0, y = 1 and z = 2
35. PQ is equivalent to
36. Determine the distance on the earth’s surface between two towns P(Lat. 600N, Long. 200E) and Q (Lat. 600N, Long 250W)
37. X is a point due east of point Y on a coast Z is another point on the coast but 6.3km due south of Y. if the distance ZX is 12km, calculate the bearing of Z from X
1. Where can I get JAMB ENGLISH PAST Questions?
Ans = it is usually rare to find JAMB questions. Luckily for you, we have it available on our site. Go through this post to see it.
2. Are these the real JAMB expo questions?
Ans = No! There is no such thing as JAMB Maths expo questions. The questions above are randomly repeated past questions.
3. Can I get these questions in PDF format?
Ans = Yes, you can. Contact us and drop your name and email address in the comment box below.
Need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about JAMB Mathematics Questions? If yes, kindly provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below.
Feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this guide and also share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, and Google plus.